“None of us know what will happen. Don’t spend time worrying about it. Make the most beautiful thing you can. Try to do that every day. That’s it. You know?” – Laurie Anderson via Austin Kleon’s website.
Why do I embrace not knowing what happens next in art but not to the same degree in my life? Can I learn to embrace not knowing what’s next as this is always the state I’m in? What could happen if I worried less and created more?
What Happens Next?
- “The Stutterer” (13:05) – 2016 award-winning short. Great pay off at the end.
- “The Gunfighter” (8:49) – Directed by Eric Kissack and narrated by Nick Offerman.
- “CASTELLO CAVALCANTI” (7:45) – Directed by Wes Anderson, presented by Prada.
- For fans of Wes Anderson, check out this sub reddit, Accidental Anderson.
- A Supermarket In California Dub – “The Beat Re-Generation” – Allen Ginsberg reciting his poem “A Supermarket in California” over a lazy dub beat.
- LUMEN DRONES – Ira Furore – I learned of the Hardinger fiddler player, Nils Okland, a couple of years ago while my dad and I drove around Belgium. Here here plays with a psych-rock group called Lumen Drones off an album called Lumen Drones.
Sign up for the “These Things” email and get content like this delivered to your inbox every other week.